Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 24, 2007

Shift in house, a shift in perspective!

The first update is that we are shifting houses!! Yes...moving from the lovingly decorated house with a very much used swimming pool, beautifully maintained garden and a spacious children's park and most important of all, our very own house to an 8 year old rented one! Well, things reached such a peak last week that we had no other option but to go house hunting. Being anti brokers, hubby and I scoured locality after locality, much on foot, and some by car searching for 'to let' boards and asking the local shopkeepers and apartment security. Believe it or not, we found a lot of houses by just spending three days on the hunt and finally settled down on a very old world, charming house. It is bang next to a montessori school (what we liked best about the school was the ample space for kids to run around, loads of trees and benches, in fact, it reminded me of my childhood in the open skies of Kerala!) and is owned by the people who run the school. The front room has french windows opening to a neem tree and there is a veranda by the entrance that faces a mango tree. In fact, the mango tree has a very horizontal branch that I have set my eyes on to put up a swing for the guys and me!!! There is a small garden by the side of the house, at present very unkempt, but for which I have made great plans already!! Every window in the house faces a tree..what more can I ask for? I have wanted to stay in such a place all my life and had lost hope..so what if it is rented...so what if it is going to be for a short while..I am going to make the best of it!!
Now for why we had to go in for a change..the traffic in Bangalore has come to such a state that what used to take me 20 min to reach back home from office now takes a good solid one and a half hours! Need you ask more? Plus, the bad roads, constant accelerator and clutch gives the now 5month old pregnancy a tough time. So, for now, till the next baby comes along and mostly till the traffic somehow gets better (lost hopes on that a long time ago!), we are moving close to my office..and I am going to get a garden and lots of trees for at least another year or so!!!! Keep your hands crossed...am gonna be moving soon!!

10 comments:

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Oh wow. Congrats. I wonder where in bangalore is this beautiful house you describe ! Sounds amazing. Have fun!

utbtkids said...

all the best with the move. The rented house sounds lovely. As a child, I used to go to school by bus and there were old, very very old houses in the Nungambakkam area, huge garden, hospital white paints on the outside, red oxide floors, vetti veru matress on the varanda to escape the sun, in the very center of humdrum, but some how removed from the hustle and bustle, a world of its own ....hmmm. Always wanted to live in such a house. But during my recent trip, most of these lovely houses were transformed in to apartments :(

Krishnapriya said...

Oh Poppins...its a really really old house..with a very unkept garden..and most people would run away from it..its just that I am a sucker for trees and space and thats the reason I got hooked on to it from the word go!!!

Anusha said...

hey this is a good deal! so you move in here till your situation changes and then back to your own home? the place & montessori sounds lovely - can we have pictures of your garden/trees? and when do they start montessori?

Krishnapriya said...

Hi utbt...I understand totally what you mean..I grew up in chennai too and have seen umpteen of those houses while I stayed in a cramped flat. Maybe like you, thats when my craving for a laid back, old house began.
Hi Kodi's mom..glad to hear from you!Thats the plan right now..move for a while..but, if it is really convenient, stay on longer..if I have my way, I'd settle down and grow up the garden like my own!!

~nm said...

Great! So some one has started nesting in the first trimester itself?? :D

The house hounds awesome! And let me maaro the old hindi filmy dialogue, "Ghar cheezon se nahi usme rahne waale logon se bantaa hai!" :D

So its you who is going to make it beautiful!

Post some pics soon!

AA_Mom said...

Hi Krishnapriya,
Came across your blog thru other mommy blogs. I see that your boys are just a week and 2 days older than my girls.

Congratulations on the new addition on her (?) way.

Hari said...

Damn.. And I didn't even know !!!!

Timepass said...

Good Luck at the new place

Anitha(Nikki's mom) said...

Guess you are busy moving things. When you get time, please honour my tag.