Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

She's gonna get a name!

Tomorrow is our daughter's naming ceremony. The 28th day after she was born, according to Malayali traditions. Well, we followed everything tamil for Kachi and Kautu and this time, I wanted whatever I could have to be the Kerala style..like it was done for me.
And she's going to be named 'Kritika C Karthik' where C stands for Chakiyat, my family name. There's a small story behind Kritika too..I don't know if I have mentioned this, but after coming to see the new born baby in the hospital, for another 4 days Kautu kept singing 'Kritika'. For that time, everything in the house was Kritika, all vegetables, tv and in fact, all his toys too! My mom asked him what the baby's name was, and he repeated the same...Kritika!!! After 4 days, he hasn't repeated it till yesterday. Infact, yesterday and today, he's again been singing this name, and I have a feeling he will stop after the naming ceremony!! To add to this, another four people have inadvertently asked me what are you naming her? Kritika? !!!! Imagine our surprise! We asked them if they had heard us mention it before and they all said they had thought of this name just then.
After all these coincidences, how can we not but name her 'Kritika'? Agreed it not a very uncommon name, but it does have a poetry to it, and Kritika Karthik does sound strong and independent, like what I am hoping my daughter would grow up to be.
The preparations for the function is hardly done, lots of vegetables to buy and her black bangles and Kajal. But I went out today and got her what I wanted the most. A lovely infant dress from fabindia. What I had been eyeing the past few years. So, no matter that my back was aching and that its been just 3+ weeks since the c-section, I just had to take a rickety auto to the shop, pick out a printed floral cotton frock and a printed shirt with bloomers for the baby and completely averted my eyes from the XL kurtas that lie just across the aisle!
So, please send in your blessing for my daughter (I shall formally start calling her Kriti from tomorrow) and all your good wishes!

13 comments:

Timepass said...

I was thinking that her name would begin with K and I was right!! Good Luck for the function and lots of love and best wishes to the kids.

AA_Mom said...

Nice name. All the very best to all of you. Hope you have a grand party.

SUR NOTES said...

lovely name....congratulations!

Meera said...

CONGRATS KP. I'm so happy that its a girl, like u always wanted. Post us more snaps of the babies da.

~nm said...

Best wishes and blessings to dear Kritika!

~nm said...

Tagged you. Go lookie here

I know you would have your hands full with a new baby but take your time and do it whenever you feel like but hopefully within this month :P

Hari said...

Krithika Karthik.. Sounds like she has obsessive parents.. :)

So we're going to call her Krithi is it.. What about Kritik.. Cricket?.. Bitsian name - Krika (Kaka - Near miss)..

By the by, her two names are near mirror images.. Krithi Ka | Ka rthik

IBH said...

Congratulations....what a lovely name....I wish all the very best to your family.....a lovely one that too....now a complete one with this little dfaughter of urs ...

Schmetterling said...

That your daughter grow up to be independent and strong, yay to that :) And I must say the twins are *adorable* I've heard stories about what a bundle they can be :)

Subhashree said...

First time here. Twins and a girl! Wow... Have a great naming ceremony. And Kritika is a lovely name.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Its a lovely name.

Asha said...

Congrats! Kritika is a nice name.

BTW, I have tagged you :)
Take it up if you have time.

Rohini said...

Lovely name. Time you posted an update, no?