Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

This is why I love my blog

though I am quite irregular in writing and even more in checking out my favorite blogs. I just happened to read a post of mine written a few years ago, and there....I find a lot of my questions answered, a lot of doubts cleared and memory refreshed. I have just forgotten how Kachi n Kautu were when they were less than a year old. Yes. If not for my blog, I would not have even recollected a single character trait of theirs. Do all mothers forget their kids early stages, or is it because I had Krithika when these guys were just coming out of theirs and so, hers and their childhood have all merged into one? Don't know.

They seem to be frozen at 3 for me, but equally, krithika seems frozen at 1.5! Now I can't seem to remember her little traits, brought back to me when I found a long lost video (in fact the only one we have of her the first year!). She had a peculiar habit of hitting her mouth with her hand periodically, and it looked just damn cute. Will it all come back to me when I am 80 and dying, like in your life flashing by you moments before the final call? Then the wait is well worth it, such beautiful memories for me to recollect. Or, will it happen when they get married and go away, or when I see their kids? Maybe I should ask my parents, but I wonder if they have ever thought about it. Their generation, without generalising, have generally been concerned with making ends meet and providing sustenance rather than think deeply about stuff that we seem to have ample time to think about! Anyway, I have tried to follow "Think deeply, yet live lightly" principle and what better way to have an outlet than this blog!!!

cheers!!

4 comments:

Meera said...

Bloggin is def a good way to bring back lost memories and in your case many beautiful memories.. so blog more and often :)

Anu Karthik said...

yes blog more often for sure, we like reading yours :)

rocksea said...

nice thoughts! yes it is great that somehow you are able to recollect through your writeups. hope we also find some way to do that soon..

soulsearchingdays said...

Hi Krishnapriya,

I remember reading your blog long back, may be at that point half of the people were not even aware of blogging, I think it was the time when you were expecting your twins or you were just blessed with them. I remember this because your post was etched in my mind and I constantly thought about you and your difficult pregnancy. after so many years I stumbled upon your blog today and I am so happy as if I have found a long lost friend, and I am so happy to see both the boys doing perfectly well and your darling baby krithika God bless all of them. I do not know but I feel a strange connection to you , may be because I also had a difficult pregnancy but nothing in comparison to what you went through and also I have two daughters one 7 and the other 1year 7 months. Sorry for such a long comment. But I am blog rolling you right now. Please keep connecting.

warm regards
Rekha