Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

What not to love

If you really had a choice, what would you prefer not to love? You could be in love with the climate no matter what it may be, in love with your husband and kids and house, in love with your job, your friends, food, movies, a walk, your thoughts, in fact, your very life. But if given the one thing that you would prefer not to love, what would it be?
Well, lets see, for me, it would be the constant need to justify everything I do. Its a habit picked up a few years back, and its not yet been rid of. I have to justify to myself, every minute thing I do. If I rest, if I am working too hard, if I am reading a book, if I am running a bit late to take them to school, if I am putting my legs up and letting karthik do the vessels for a change, ..just about anything. Really, its time I learnt to just give it up and be happy following my heart and doing just what I feel like doing (well, thats precisely what I am doing right now, what I need to stop is, the brain telling the rest of me that what my heart is doing is not what should be done by an ideal mom/wife/daughter and so on!)
So, I am gonna try getting the brain to shut down for a while and live in a heart felt stupor for a while!
Adieu...

3 comments:

Meera said...

This is difficult to overcome but hopefully you will get there!!!I think i lost most of my time being judgemental about myself and living strictly by the rules set by others.. who cares.. live on your terms and that is always the best way!! :) :)

Anu Karthik said...

I find myself being especially hard on myself on anything that pertains to V, and if I do something that takes time away from him, it better be worth it :)

But hopefully i guess at some point it gets better.

Emaan said...

hmm..tough one..but a lovely post ! at this age, i have lots of 'likes' and very few 'dislikes'..so will keep u posted on this in sometime (a few years maybe)..;-)