Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Two weeks up and here I am

....holding an infant in my arms and wondering how we are managing the boisterous twins and the infant alone!!! Yes..my mom left day before and after that its just been hubby and me. And its not been bad. True, kautu took a fall from his chair and hurt his lips and Kachi managed a small poke at the baby's eye..but other than that, its been fine, no..rocking! Baby's been giving me 3-4 hours sleep in the night and the 'vanarams' (this is how karthik and I refer the boys, means monkeys in tamil) are now sleeping on their own. No need to lie down with them and sing lullabies, we give them their bottle of milk, make them lie down on their bed, tell good night and bye and close the door. In a few minutes, the milk is done and they are asleep! This new development is the biggest relief for us. Frees up ample time to do the nightly house cleaning and taking care of the baby..who prefers the 8-10pm time to play. But more than anything else, it has made us really really proud of our two independent boys. Sniff....gone are the days when they used to cry for me...gone are the days when I had to run behind them to eat (Oh yes..forgot to mention this..they started eating on their own on the table too...we keep two plates and food that they can pick with their hands and they mostly manage to eat till their hunger is apeased!)..and gone are the days when I used to think of them as babies...they are now BOYS!!!!

That's it for now...a slight headache today has left me tired, but not so tired as to capture the latest the kids are up to...so long, goodbye. Till they make me proud again!!!

5 comments:

AA_Mom said...

Your daughter looks very serene and calm. Touch wood.

~nm said...

What more can one ask for, right? Its amazing how they have turned into such big can-take-care-of-themselves boys like a lick of a finger.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you so that such happy, wonderful times continue to be!

Post pics of the little baby unless you do not post pictures on the web. Email them to me at doiwrite@gmail.com if you feel upto it.

What have you named her?

Timepass said...

U are indeed a super mom! Managing three kids is not an easy task.. Hats off to u..

Srivalli said...

wow..thats nice to know...its very true that the elder ones feel the responsibility the moment younger ones come to picture!..kudos to you for managing so well...wish my kids start eating on their own!

Anonymous said...

wow, congratulations, and you dared to you have another one after the troublesome twins, kudos :) - coming from another twin mommy !!