Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I've been tagged!!

Oops...and to think I could forever escape introspection. The one thing I hate accepting is my mistake and now, to pen all my idiosyncrasies down for posterity is like asking me to take a cold water bath, drink cold tea and burn all the books in my study. Anyway, I am determined to make a sincere effort and here it goes...

1. I am a better mom when others are around (Took this line from utbt, it was just so unbelievably true and this is the first time I have seen a mother publish this fact for all to see).

2. I can't positively ever in my life have food, tea and milk less than boiling hot. Tea has to drunk out of the stove and I should be able to see the boiling water in the soup before I drink it.

3. I don't really enjoy driving the car, but have always acted as though I am the coolest behind the wheel.

4. I am really lazy when it comes to work. I achieve the best results only under pressure and I often take initiative to schedule presentations with very tight deadlines so that I do some decent work.

5. I enjoy being with my kids most when hubby is also around, or when I can show them off to their grand parents!

6. I can't stand hypocrites. Anything else goes with me. Selfishness, criticism, bad mouthing, and even false attitudes are fine with me. But, hypocrites and back stabbers have no place in my life.

7. I loved pregnancy for the attention it gave me.

8. And here it comes...the worst of all.....
I have assaulted my husband twice ... Once was this blazing fight when I threw a spoon at him and he got a minor cut on his eyebrow and the other time was when he tapped me and I tapped him back, but it did hurt the both of us. Both the fights were forgotten in minutes, but the fact that I did actually hurt him is causing me a lot of pain now!!

I think I have to tag somebody else, but almost everyone I know has already been tagged by someone else I know. So, when I know someone who knows less people who know them enough to tag, I shall tag them and let you all know.

13 comments:

Itchingtowrite said...

LOl on no 8- the fight being forgotten immdtly. we do the same thing. we fight and to anyone it ll look as if 1 of us will kill th other/.. but shamelessly we make up on any obvious excuse like a phone call or a tsunami - yes we were busy quarreling at that time when the tsunami happened

Gauri said...

Sure was an interesting read KP :-) Thanks for taking up the tag.

Hari said...

Hahahaha.. Your best post till date.. :)

Had a ball reading this one.. Especially I have SEEN you do all this.. Most of it that is.. Except the spoon throwing thing - I would have given an arm (and possibly a leg) to have been there..

And just FYI - I always knew and got damn pissed off because you were enjoying the attention.. And I still get cheesed off when you show off the super-mom with the super-babies thing when other people are around.. :))

Yes, yes, I noticed.. Spoken like a true younger brother.. :)

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

LOL on the last point ... I guess, the fights, heated arguments is common in most households.... so have abundant company :)

Crumbling Cookie said...

So now its your turn to do a MIA?
What's up? long time no posts? Hope everything's fine.

Gauri said...

Where have you gone off ? On a holiday or something ? No posts for a long long time ???
All well, I hope ?

Anonymous said...

I read this somewhere and wanted to share with you. You seemed to have lost weight primarily by dieting and that is not good. here are the facts, saw this in deccan herald:

"I will go on a diet and lose pounds"
This will most likely shipwreck your metabolism and cause you to end up fatter than before the diet. When most people say ‘diet’, they mean restricting caloric intake, starving themselves. When your body doesn't get enough calories, it has to ‘feed’ on its own tissue because it is not getting enough energy from food. This would be great if your body only used fat, but it also feeds on muscle tissue. Losing muscle means your metabolism slows down. The end result is that your metabolism is slower than it was before the diet. This means you will gain more weight from fewer calories. Once you go off the diet, you gain even more weight back because there is less muscle to burn the calories. Not good, right?

In terms of diet, start off by increasing your protein intake (fish, chicken, etc), and cutting back on the junk food and sugar. Give yourself a break once a week - have your favourite junk food once a week. Go have some pizza and doughnuts, but just once a week. It will not make any difference if you are consistent the rest of the week. The break will also help you stay faithful to healthy eating the rest of the time.

~nm said...

Hi, I don't know from whose blog I chanced upon yours but I liked reading through it and have added a link to yours from mine.

Keep writing on!

Cee Kay said...

I identify with you on # 2, 4 and 6 and LMAO on #8!

the mad momma said...

hello..long time no post? by the way.. take comfort in the fact that all of us have blazing fights!!!!

Hip Grandma said...

Point no.2,4 and 6 are common between you and me.Well written.I did not actually throw a spoon or ladle at my husband but almost did it.they can be quite annoying at times and for no real reason.

B o o said...

Hi KP, Long time no posts! How are you doing? Hope alls well.

IBH said...

hey KP, just realised that the babies celebrated their first birthday!hope all is well as you havent posted for a long time....