Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Why one blogs...

I have a few links (1,2) that explain beautifully why one blogs. The conclusion you can draw from these two blogs is that, one blogs for absolutely one's own reasons.
In fact, writing a blog does not need a reason. Do I sound confused here? Let me explain. There is a theory in psychology which states that some people behave as they do, only because they can. Behaved rudely only because no one stopped them, used something only because it was available. Though this might have been how they started off, very often, it becomes a behavioral condition, or a habit. For e.g., I read an article about how a child, intelligent, well respected in his school and a great favorite with his friends, behaved abominably at home. On analysis, it was found that there was nothing wrong with him, except that, he daren't behave the way he does at home elsewhere. He didn't face any parental censure, so, behaved as he wanted with them!
For all the number of words I wrote above, the fact I wanted to convey was just this, I write blogs only because I can. I started out like that, and now, its become a habit, a compulsion. The pride that one associates with growing up something, be it a child or a blog is the same. I take pride in the comments my readers write, in the number of htmls I add to my blog, in the number of posts I put up and what I write in them.
But, over and above anything else, I take pride in my children, my work, my husband and my home, for I take effort over everything only because I can.

7 comments:

Itchingtowrite said...

hey thanks for linking up!.
amazed at your dieting post.. try leher lights or the roasted snacks available at nilgiris.. they hav minimal oil.. but dont have more than 1 small cup a day.. oats is very good as it has lot of fibre. include fruits & salads and dont give too much gap between meals as the whole thing gets absorbed into the body becoz u r too hungry.. 3 mail meals and mid morning fruits/ salads/ buttermilk. also hav ur dinner before 8.00 pm so that there is ample time to digest it before bed..i feel like tryimjg the GM diet but i am too worried thgat i ll never be able to do it

Hari said...

And there are also many instances of children being well behaved at home and otherwise at school.. So really, the question is, do you want your child to be restricted at home or out of it.. Do you think one is better than the other.. In any case, if we proceed along an argument from this starting point, you're going to get to the conclusion that either giving your child his freedom or restricting it can both be a dangerous thing.. What you must try and achieve is to get your child to look at freedom as an ordinary thing, not with a thrill or with an opinion that it gives him the right to certain actions.. Also, that any restriction that is imposed must be self-imposed or at least your child should think that it is self-imposed.. :)

Anyway.. if you really think about why people blog, we'll come up with too many reasons.. Think about why people write (whatever they write) for public dissemination.. and we'll narrow down the reasons to a meager few..

Self indulgence, or indulgence in a desired alternate personality.. Acceptance and reassurance.. And finally, the great intention of helping others with information (which in turn makes the author happy, and makes them happy only if the information is helpful to others, which again gets back to acceptance and reassurance) .. :)

Krishnapriya said...

Hi itchy..
Thanks! Oats is good, but somehow, I am not able to have it without sugar, and I find my weight increases exponentially if I take in sugar!! Yup..will try all more small meals, I've heard of that, but never understood why!

Krishnapriya said...

hari,
Instances of children being well behaved at home and otherwise will only happen if the parents are tyraniccal. I good balance at home, wherein that child knows what he can do and what he cannot will surely not harm him. Though all said and done, god alone knows how I might react to situations that arise!!
I agree with the self imposed theory..and I know that is what you would have wanted for yourself!!
As to why people blog, I will tell you why I blog..it helps clear a lot of things and I has certainly helped me when other mothers have commented and given me real productive solutions. For e.g. a mother had said how she taught her child to self feed and it helped solve the kids eating issues, I tried it on Kachi and he is responding to it now!!

Do keep coming in!!

Unknown said...

Hello KP...Came across ur Blog thru Rajani...N here I am sitting 2+ hrs skimming thru most of ur posts...Im a full time mom of a 8 month daughter - Manha Zahra...I cud identify myself - the ordeal i went thru pre n post pregnancy, the changes/challenges tht i learnt to accept over the time - in most of ur posts...Ur posts r very down to earth n sincere - n im sure they r making some difference in many ppl's lives...Keep up the good work!!!

Krishnapriya said...

Hi Asiya..
Great to hear from you!! I tried reaching your profile, but couldn't access it. Do you have a blog? And thanks so much for your inspiring words. I have found myself enjoying my kids more as I write more and more about them!! Hope your baby is doing great..do send me a snap of her.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!