Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 29, 2007

inspiration...

I just realized that I am an inspiration to many. There are lots of categories in which I could be, but, what I really am is in my weight loss. I got a call yesterday evening from a mother of two, the youngest being five months old, telling me that she read my blog and was amazed at the metamorphosis that I underwent.
We then shared my dieting experience and what all I am doing to maintain and reduce further. I really loved the fact I could make a difference to somebody and I hope that I can help out more. I am publishing two snaps of mine, not unlike the 'before' and 'after' snaps by the slimming institutes. I am just happy to be rid of all that 20Kg and want everyone else to be rid of theirs too.
But a disclaimer here, I started the weight loss struggle only after my kids refused to breastfeed. Till then, it was an uphill task to eat as much as possible, prompted by the wrong age old notions of, 'you get as much milk as you eat'! Though a feeding mother does need to eat well, it surely doesn't mean finishing off half liters of ghee in a week, eating rice three times a day and drinking two litres of milk a day. And god forbid, your child doesn't suck enough to get a tummy full of milk, you face the wrath of these 'know alls' who say you compromised your child to loose weight. These self righteous women drive me crazy. They might have left their kids off with their parents, or got the servants to feed them, or agreed, they might have taken care of them themselves, but that doesn't give them the right to question how others are rearing their kids. I am venting some hard feelings here, but the fact remains, and I say it again for all the self righteous people who are reading blogs to find faults with others, that I started the weight loss after my kids STOPPED FEEDING off me.

The 'before' snap: Taken just before their Namakaranam in Chennai, Aug. 21, 2006 when kachi and kautu were three months old. I was 96 Kg then.

The 'after' snap: Taken at a cousin's marriage in Nanjangud, April 26, 2007. I am 76 now, still raring to loose some more.

Do share with me your experiences. I would love it if I could help someone out.

3 comments:

Sreedivya said...

Hi

Fantastic transformation , I can relate to your weightloss and battle against bulge as Iam also fighting it after delivery . I too touched 100Kg after delivery and now after struggle for a month have lost 4 kgs - still 20 kgs to go . but good work .what was the diet you followed ??

Crumbling Cookie said...

Fantastic!! I envy your resolve.
I could shave off some 10 kgs myself, I am sure that would do a world of good to my self esteem. How, that is the million dollar question.
What kind of a diet and exercise regimen did u follow?

Krishnapriya said...

Hi Divya and sm..
Thanks. I'll give out the recipie for my weight loss in the next post!!! Do look out for it!!