Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Murphy's law for toddlers

1. How is that when I mix less formula milk,they cry out for more and when I mix more keeping my hands crossed, they fall asleep half way through?

2. How is it that when I fix the time and give them food, they refuse to eat and when I wait till they are hungry and ask for it, they again fall asleep from the sheer exhaustion of playing?

3. How is it that when I don't give them a head bath for days fearing a cold, they fall sick and when I bathe them daily they are hale and healthy?

4. How is it that when I give them a good warm long bath to make them sleep longer, they wake up after half an hour and when they sleep dirty, they sleep for hours on end?

5. How is it that when I pick up one kid, the other always comes running, but when I just sit observing them, they look and smile and continue playing?

6. How is it that these two can be so exhausting yet so lovable? So troublesome yet cuddlesome? Jealous yet innocent? Viking warriers with each other, yet kittens with us?


7. How is it that they shit just after we put the diaper when they have been roaming around in trousers the whole day?

Can anyone truly understand babies?

3 comments:

SUR NOTES said...

just stumbled upon your blog. cheers to you and your babies and the father. setting routines- have you noticed how the babies have slyly set our routine in place? waking up early- something i hate doing. sleeping early. something i hate doig. etc etc

Anonymous said...

hi,
I came here via the mad momma's blog.Wow! you have a really cute pair of twins :-)
I really wanted to have twins but god decided otherwise.I would love to read more about your parenting exprience with the twins

Gauri said...

When they grow up a little - just you watch - this particular Murphy's Law applies much too often for a mom's comfort - Why is it that they drop the slice of bread when there is jam on it and not otherwise .....
.... and why is it that the slice of bread always falls jam side down :-))