Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Weighty me

I have always suffered from a weight problem. I have been called names all my life and have had periods of being slim to overweight, with the slim period being very slim indeed. And so, when after pregnancy I gained 25 Kgs or more to nearly touch 100 Kg, I decided, its time to take stock of my self and reduce, to if not less than pre-pregnancy, to definitely pre-pregnancy weight.

Somehow, the urge didn't come till Jan this year, 2007. I knew that I couldn't run and in fact, even my walk was a slow gait of an 80 year old. But what pushed me to take the initial step was a very painful knee. I went to the doctor expecting some Physio and reasons like hormone issues to be told that I needed to reduce weight and fast. By then, I couldn't sit on the floor, stand for more than 5 minutes and even pick up my children from the bed. There have been nights I have cried myself to sleep, telling over and over again how I was just 25, beautiful and smart and how much in life I am going to miss out if my knee remains as it is. Then my husband, being the practical man he is, said that all I have in my hands right now, is to reduce weight. If my knee gets alright, then I have done my bit to improve my life, else, thats how it was fated to be!

Well, for that and that alone, I did what I have never done in my life before....dieted like no end! I dieted for a complete 3 weeks, very strict diet and lost an astounding 10 Kgs to become a completely new person. I now swim for an hour everyday, still watch my diet and am fitting into all my old clothes (of course, there are parts of me that don't exactly fit, but then, being a mom has to show somewhere!!).

I still have to reduce 5 more Kg to get to my ideal weight, but isn't a transformation from 96 to 76 truly a remarkable achievement? And I am proud that I could do it, if not for my health, at least for my husband who told me that the one thing he wants the most in his life right now, is a healthy and slim wife!! (What don't we do for our men!!!!??)

5 comments:

the mad momma said...

I am inspired!!! I have 3-4 kilos to go and have let it be because i was honestly too thin before that and too lazy now!! But really..once i get past my 6 months past cesarean date i will begin to exercise and do something abt it!! congratulations to you.. and i sure you look terrific ...

Tharini said...

Hi,

Came here thru Mad Momma's blogspace. Have you checked out:

Itching to write and Archana? They are twin moms too.

http://itchingtowriteblogs.blogspot.com/

http://www.bhat.net/

A, mama of twins said...

Hi there
I am a mom to 11 month twin boy and girl.
Its nice to read about similar issues that I faced in my pregnancy on your blog. www.bhat.net but i will go private in May.. let me know if you want me to add you to my list.

Archana

Shobha said...

Hey, I think it's phenomenal the weight you've lost and you should be really proud of yourself!!
Keep going .. good luck :-)

Srivalli said...

Hi..came here through aditi's blog..your blog caught my attention...its nice to read through your blog...and this weighty problem is exactly what I have...still struggling to plan to reduce..